[VAC] Re: Stupid Newbie Question....

I've dug further. My stove is Magic Chef model E-165 2 according to the
tag under the cook top (if I didn't forget the number while reading the
mail after looking). Also there I found a stopcock hooked to the
manifold and connected to a 1/4" aluminum pipe headed towards the oven.
The oven thermostat has its on connection to the manifold and a smaller
pipe to the oven. There is an OFF position on the thermostat knob, NO
mention of pilot. It looks like the pilot can be enabled with that stop
cock. I don't know if there's any thermocouple protection to shut off
that line if the pilot blows out.

Since I dislike the potential outcome from a faulty gas experiment, I'm
not going to make any such experiments.

Gerald J.