[VAC] Re: Stupid Newbie Question....

Nope, nothing on the knob before 140. Nothing past B (for broil).
There's not the dual pilots as shown in the manual for the larger ovens
in the larger trailers. There appears to be only one pilot in the back
of the oven, surely a least convenient place to light it manually. There
is no pilot for the surface burners either.

While I probably could be successful experimenting, I don't like the
odor of burned flesh or hair (especially when its my hair and flesh!)
and I'm not going to experiment.

My original '68 manual (which was printed and bound about 6" high by 9"
wide, not loose leaf) covers ovens with the dual pilots but specifically
says they are in the 20' and longer trailers. The works in my Caravel
oven are far simpler than illustrated for the two versions of dual pilot
ovens. I think the Caravel oven is simply manual, with only a pilot
while its heating to light the gas when the thermostat calls for heat,
no standing pilot when turned off.

Gerald J.