[VAC] Re: an electrical question

Gerald

I am not restoring the trailer, and am unwilling to gut it, then remove the
interior walls just to add a ground wire to each receptacle. I see no other
way to get wiring between the walls. Nor do I wish to run a ground wire from
each outlet along the exposed interior wall of the trailer down through the
floor to the frame.

Are you saying that an imperfect but acceptable alternative is to use GFCI
receptacles grounded to the shell? With so much metal against metal contact,
then add the hundred or so rivets holding each piece to the next one, it is
difficult for me to believe that the metal interior wall panels are not all
grounded to the frame.

Scott Scheuermann
1960 Overlander