[VAC] Re: Bill Scott

This subject has come up before regarding the tax status of the VAC.  As I
understand it the VAC is a sub-group of the Wally Byam Club.  Partly (I
would imagine) to use their tax exempt status.  There are a number of
organizations that the IRS views as being tax exempt.. In our case I would
imagine we are organized under 501(c)(7) also known as a social club. As
such no one can give money for any reason to us a get a tax deduction.  The
only organization that allows for tax for tax deductions are 501(c)(3)
organizations which are organized for charitable purposes such as churchs,
hospitals and organizations like salvation army.  Hope this helps... nice
idea but I don't think it would work.

Ken Johansen (C.P.A.)
59 Traveler