[VAC] Re: Bill Scott

Hi list,

I may be showing my ignorance as to what can and can't be done as far as
taxes are concerned, but would it be possible to set up an area of the VAC
that is non-profit (I consider all restorations of vintage "anything" to be
definitely NON PROFIT) and offer a tax deduction to people who would fare
better that way than an out and out sale of a trailer needing restoring.   At
THAT point it could be restored and the VAC could then do something else with
it, at least that way we could know that it wouldn't be stuck out in the
woods somewhere being used as a hunting camp (sorry hunters but I prefer them
on the roads).

Another possibility would be to defer a low, but fair payment to the original
seller and once it's restored the original seller would be paid and the
profits going into a fund to purchase others to keep these beauties going.

For those of you that like to tinker on projects rather than relax (I don't
count myself as one of those but I hear they're out there) you may want to
bring the restoration trailer to a rally and have everyone pitch in and
really make some quick progress on them (think Habitat on Wheels) each doing
what they do best and grunts like me doing low skilled tasks like polishing
aluminum....this also trains us for working on our own projects.

Just brainstorming.....

Bebe Gordon
65 Safari
Louisiana