[VAC] Fodder for Alumanics

The winter 2000 issue of "Modernism" magazine has a story "Aluminum
Shines On" (p. 31).

Yes, this is late...
...but wait:

The article is really about the museum exhibition "Alumininum in Design:
Jewelry to Jets", assembled by the Carnegie Museum and currently at the
Cooper-Hewitt in NY. The "Modernism" article says "The exhibition's 312
objects illustrate it's [aluminum's] vast range, from Charles
Christofle's over-the-top aluminum and gold centerpiece to Wally Byam's
iconic Airstream trailer." Sadly, no western appearances for those of us
out here on the left slope, but the exhibit will be traveling to
Montreal, Miami, Bloomfield Hills (Cranbrook Academy) and London.

It appears that a catalog of the exhibit ($45 in paperback, $75
hardcover!) is still available (I'm calling tomorrow AM) from the
Carnegie Museum Art Store at 412 622 3216. (BTW, they also catalog
Burkhart's and Hunt's "Airstream, History of the Land Yacht".) I don't
see any way to order on the web, but there is a site for the exhibit at
http://www.aluminumbydesign.org, and if you click on "shop" at the top of
the page you'll get to some ordering info.

The Cooper-Hewitt's own site for the exhibit http://www.si.edu/ndm/

Did you know that aluminum is the most abundant metal in the earth's
crust? (Just kinda hard to isolate.)

Rob