[VAC] Dump Valve - 63 Globetrotter

I am going through a 63 GT we just bought. I am now down to checking out the
holding tank system.  The dump valve is extremely stiff. So stiff I had to
improvise a way to pull with both hands using a rope and piece of wood. It then
opened and seemed to move more easily. I closed it and filled the tank and let it
sit overnight.  The next day it again was stuck and couldn't be moved with one
hand. It opened once I used the rope and both hands.

Any simple solutions?  BTW the tank seems to be clean and has been dry for
several months.