[VAC] Lubeing Sealed bearings

There was a discussion about sealed bearings recently, which I skimmed over without remembering much. Thinking, of course, that I'd never need such information. But. . . . I hooked up and test ran a motor today that has a bit of a squeak. It's a salvage unit, not used for several years. I DO remember someone on this list saying to "drill a small hole" and lube with sewing machine oil. Right? I don't remember where it is I'm supposed to drill---how close to the shaft? And how many holes? Seems like it would require two. And was it one-sixteenth? If someone could reply off line with instructions that even I could follow I would appreciate it immensely.

Lloyd at "boneriver @ matnet.com". Thanks to any and every one.