[VAC] Re: Don't mount solar on roof.

Neither have I.  Actually, without thinking about it much, I thought it was
the other way around.

If 'gauge' means 'wire diameter', then solid should have a slightly higher
capacity, for DC current, since the same circular area is filled with a
bunch of smaller circles.  There is then a 'fill factor' that's less than
1.  If 'gauge' means 'total area of copper,' capacity should be about the
same for both types of wire.

IMHO

I think stranded wire is used in trailers because it's more flexible; the
solid wire can fatigue and fail.

- Dick
(5368)