[VAC] Re: Replumb 70' Airstream

Hi Polly,

What was the situation that caused the split of your plumbing?  I mentioned
in another post that PEX is good, but the fittings are not freeze proof as
I'd been led to believe.  I bought the crimping tool for PEX and it is very
easy with the furniture out of the Safari.  Without the furniture out, I
doubt that the lines can be laid so water will drain properly.  I've been
very careful to assure that all lines will drain with the pitch of the
trailer.  My trailer was winterized by a professional using air pressure to
clear lines.  Unfortunately, I found that accessories like the water pump,
line filter, and some lines weren't cleared.  The filter cracked and the
pump damaged from freezing.  Nothing like personal experience to learn the
way maintenance should be done.  In other words, I didn't get the expert
professional prep for the winter that I paid for.  The fix you installed
might be the best solution without gutting much of the furniture to gain
access to plumbing runs.

                                                   '69 Safari, Joy