[VAC] 03/07/01 Wednesday - EEWCRC

"Exploring East & West of the Colorado River Caravan"

More rain last night, but this time, real rain. Yesterday at Happy Hour, many caravaners talked of
sleeping in this morning if it was raining. That sounded good to us, so we did. When the rain let up
about 9AM, I decided to hook up leisurely. Surprise, almost everyone else had gone. We and the
Caboose family were the last ones and they were waiting for us.

Fortunately, they were familiar with the area and knew a short cut over excellent secondary roads.
We were not the last ones to arrive at the Desert Expo Center Fairground in Indio, California. Some
caravaners thought we must have driven faster than the speed limits. I told them Vintage Airstreams
and Vintage Tow Vehicles don't do that in California. They just smiled and gave me that look.

At this Fairground, everyone received goodie bags (left over from the date festival last week). It
was a real goodie bag and included a lot of items, plus delicious dates. Later, I learned the
Fairground encouraged groups of RVers to hold rallies here.

Not only that, this fairground wanted us to use their phone hookups for email. They provided a
dedicated line, a desk and 24 hour availability. Wow, that was a surprise. When all of us logged on,
400-500 emails were waiting for many of us. I love it when that occurs. It's like picking up a new
book to read and each email is one or two of the paragraphs. They go quickly - just like an
interesting book. With that many paragraphs to read, I tend not to reply as often as when there are
fewer postings.

This evening, the opportunity to wash our truck and trailer (first time since Yuma) presented
itself, so I took it. The best thing about washing in the desert was that wash water dries quickly,
even on macadam. Later this week, my half brother (retired nuclear submarine commander) and his wife
will visit us here. He's used to things being ship shape and clean. Wouldn't want him to see our
Airstream as anything less than that <grin>.

Terry
mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net