[VAC] Re: 76 excella actually a 76 international...86 excella for $10k?

Rusty,
The International is a fine unit.   When I bought my 1971 Tradewind, I
wanted a bed and not the two couches.  Since using it, I have found you
spend most of the time setting in the unit and the International gives a lot
of good "living room" space.   With a couple of sleeping bags from Camping
World you have a large living room space and a place to sleep.  Our
Tradewind has a small living area and it is almost impossible to invite a
couple inside and have a place for everyone to sit.   Space is a trade off
in these units (living, sleeping, bath, kitchen), but with what I know now,
I would seriously consider the International.   Do you want a "real bed" or
a nice living area?  Someone told me that if we find a trailer that fits 80%
to 90% of what you want, buy it.  :)

I know very little about the price of the '86.  I think that unit would have
a "blue book" price that you could look at.  What length is the Trailer?
My wife and I wanted something we could pull into smaller and more
restricted areas and decided on a limit of 25 feet.   I did not want to pull
34 feet, and I know you cannot take that length into some of the
National/State Parks camping areas.  The triple axel units are heavier and
you will need a beefy tow truck to pull it.  So there are many factors to
consider.   Take your time!!!    Do not buy quickly and consider what you
want to do with the trailer and where you want to go.  Do you want to full
time?   Weekend get away?  Big living area?  A real bed?   Boondock camping
(shorter unit usually)?    And on and on.......

You will pay the price once.... you will live with the unit for a long time
(unless of course you buy two or three like some on here).  Anyway, let us
know what you find out, and if you want to contact me off VAC feel free.

Jerry
1971 Tradewind 25 foot
2000 diesel Excursion