[VAC] Re: Plastic tank repair

Joy-

Believe it or not, I wasn't even going to take my water tank out--it looked
fine. (these cracks cannot be seen!)  I repaired my bed slide rails and
figured since the tank was exposed, I might as well replace the water lines
to the pump and clean the tank.  I took it out and noticed some casual dry
rot under the tank.  This rot was developing due to water, but from where I
was not sure. The tank held water so I was confused.  Anyway, I pressure
tested the tank and saw the stress cracks.  When the tank is filled to start
a trip, the pressure will swell the tank (make it plump) and cause these
cracks to show themselves and water was released. (looked like a submarine
that had been depth charged-just started spewing) It eventually would spill
onto the floor under the tank, then stop leaking as the water level went
down during the trip.  I never would have found these or the rot if I hadn't
removed the tank and tested it.

Repair product for anyone interested:

Hi-Impact Plastic Bonder   IBM #387010
3500 lb. rated --9 min. set time
Produced under the label:  "Do -it" Center 2-Part Plastic Epoxy-in stores
such as; Ace Hardware, True Value Hardware and HWI Stores, Nation wide.
(made for them exclusively)

Price: $4.69 plus tax

SteveC
'69 Caravel in TC. Mich.