[VAC] Re: Plastic tank repair

Rob-

I've been following this discussion on water tank repair....I just repaired
mine after finding several stress cracks on the top in the corners.
Apparently when these tanks get old and are stored empty, they sag inward.
Then at the start of the new season, the tank is filled to capacity,
expanding the plastic from the water mass. Anyway, mine was
leaking water from these stress cracks where it had sagged...

Due to the cost of repair or replacement, my local hardware store is
affiliated with "Do-it" centers. (hardware chain supplier of goods)  They
sell a new plastic epoxy, 2 part glue which is rated to 3500 lbs.  The
manufacturer offers a guarantee on it and since my cracks were on top of the
tank, I tried it.  So far it looks like a great fix.  Cost me $4.69 plus
tax. Sales guy said it was better than J B Weld, which impressed me.

E-mail me off list if you need the exact name or phone #.

SteveC
'69 Caravel TC, Mich.