[VAC] Re: Does '62 Bambi need an Equalizer hitch?

KC,

I've been out of town camping for 3 days and I can see you have gotten many
answers already but I wanted to throw in my .02. I have a '67 Caravel (1
foot longer than the Bambi). I have tow it "back to back" with the same tow
vehicle with and without sway bar, also with and without load distribution
bars. I have a couple of tow vehicles but I did that comparison with my '77
Silverado 1 Ton Dually Ramp Truck. It was built to haul old hotrods, etc.
while towing my Caravel. The truck has a Buick GS455 Stage 1 engine. It is
obviously overkill for the trailer alone. HOWEVER, I could tell a BIG
difference between towing with and without the load bars / anti-sway device.
The best way I can describe it was the difference between "pulling a
trailer" and "dragging a lot of weight". Simply put, it made the trailer
feel lighter and the anti-sway device made passing trucks virtually
unnoticeable.  Remember, you can't have too many safety devices.

Thanks, Geven
'67 Caravel
'93 Airstream B190