[VAC] Re: Control Panel Ammeter

I've heard that some Univolts have a brass bar for that purpose in
series with the loads. It might be identifiable by having a slot for
moving the tap to adjust the calibration. To predict a shunt one needs
to know the millivolt drop of the indicator. Then a length of wire can
be predicted. I would prefer to not add wire for that especially if
there's already the brass bar in the Univolt because at 12 volts
intentionally wasting a quarter volt in wire is wasting too large a
fraction of what is available from the Univolt or battery.

The standard electrical meters for use with shunts are 50 millivolts
full scale, though some are 100 millivolts and some are more odd.