[VAC] Re: Does '62 Bambi need an Equalizer hitch?

With softly sprung 1/2 ton Fords (first an '86, now a '98) I find the
equalizer that came with my '68 Caravel is useful in keeping the truck
level while hitched. I could go to a stiff rear suspension, but then it
would smash by bass fiddle riding in the bed when not hitched. With the
truck weighing a third more than the loaded Caravel, I've not felt a
need for a stabilizer.

I did notice a loss of traction one wet night as I was starting to get
onto a crowned highway from a side road where the crown forced the front
of the truck up.

Gerald J.