[VAC] Re: Blackwater Tank on 70 Sovereign (31')

         I'm going to back up a step, and make a suggestion. I don't know
how your '70 is plumbed, but my '78 has a common vent for both holding
tanks (though it occurs to me that you probably only have one tank)-
anyway, the bathroom sink drain plumbing has a "pro vent"- a one way check
valve in the drain plumbing. If this vent degrades, odor from the holding
tank can come out. They are fairly easy to see, if you can see the
drain/vent plumbing in the rear- it will be a short stub sticking up at a
high point in the plumbing.
         They are very cheap (under $2 ), but are fairly failure prone.

         Again, though, I'm not sure if your trailer has this. (BTW, I had
to do a double take- my wifes name is Patti- with an i).

________

         Chris Bryant
         Bryant RV Services
         DeLand, Florida