[VAC] Power Inverters

FYI, I just found a 140 watt inverter, 250 watt peak, one outlet, rated for
powering a laptop, for $35 at wal-mart. It's a Koss pi140, and is a stock
item for them. They also have a two-outlet, fan-cooled 300 watt continuous
output for $60, also by Koss. I opted for the smaller one because I really
only need to power a laptop, and perhaps sometimes a small fan (not at the
same time), and because I wanted something small, light, and quiet that will
be easy to pack in carryon luggage for the many times I'll want to bring it
on business trips and use it in rental cars. Plus, I figure if I need more
power for more items, I can always buy a second one, and have just about the
same amount of power for very nearly the same cost as lugging around the 300
watter, which is really quite a bit bigger and heavier. Thanks, Jim, for
suggesting the inverter option. Haven't tried it yet--will tomorrow, when
I'm spending 6 hours in the back seat of a car, with lots of laptop work to
do. I'll let you know how it goes.

Dan