[VAC] Re: re tow vehicle

Harvey,
 Sherline has some good info on their site; they make the Sherline
tounge scale that Camping World sells. See http://www.sherline.com

I got a very good lesson in weight distribution a couple of years ago
when I took my tandem-axle flatbed trailer to an auction site to pick up
some junk I bought. As the junk didn't weigh very much, maybe a couple
of tons, I didn't pay much attention when we set it on with the
forklift. The trailer ended up tail-heavy. When I got onto the road, it
would start to sway whenever I exceeded 35 MPH; I slowed down for the
6-mile trip home. Since then, I've hauled as much or more weight on that
same trailer, going 60 MPH or even faster with NO evidence of sway. Of
course, I paid attention to how I loaded it.

I read about an SOB travel trailer that had sway problems. When they
recalled them, the solution was to install dead weight on the tounge to
make sure there was enough to prevent sway.

                                 <<Jim>>