[VAC] Re: re tow vehicle

Cecil,
 Although I towed a 4000# G.T. without weight distribution on my hitch,
I was using a similar vehicle as yours (1/2-ton Dodge P/U with air lifts
on the rear), it's really better to have the proper hitch setup.

The reason for weight distribution is to get some of the tounge weight
transferred to the front wheels of the tow vehicle (and trailer axle).
When you apply the brakes, the trailer tends to pivot down in the front,
lightening the front of the tow vehicle even more. This can cause
steering and braking problems.

I wouldn't dream of hauling our 6000# trailer w/o the spring bars
installed.

                                     <<Jim>>