[VAC] Re: re tow vehicle

Hi Cheyanne,

    Last summer we towed a 61 Flying Cloud to New Hampshire from Maine. Not
a long haul but we noticed that the trailer was swaying all over the road.
We have our hitch height set for our 66 Trade Wind which sits very high on
its axles. After several miles of hiway towing, we pulled over and noticed
that the hitch height required to tow the FC needed to be lower that we
normally tow at. What appears to have happened is that as a result of having
the trailer higher in the front than in the back the trailer bottom was
acting like a big sail causing the trailer to lift on its springs and bounce
from side to side at speeds above 50 MPH. Trailers seem to tow better when
level or slightly lower in the front.

And that's my $.02

WAM