[VAC] Re: Holding Tanks, floor replacement, etc.

Call me crazy, but this is what I'm thinking of doing to solve the
bumper/leak problem.  I'm attaching a drawing -- I hope it works.  The only
real difference between this drawing and the one Joy posted is that there's
no angle iron in the wall of my '65 GT -- it's thin aluminum.

My idea is to slip some thin flashing between the outer skin and the
aluminum angle.  I'm thinking that I'll also install a bulb seal and caulk
the seam between the angle and the crossframe member, but that may cause
problems if I get an inner wall leak -- no where for the water to drain.
I'll then bend the bumper cover up to fit behind the trim strip.  I'll caulk
all of that and rivet it in place.

Overkill?  Maybe, but I'll be really embarrassed when my son is repairing
this 25 years from now thinking what a lousy job the old man did with the
original restoration, if I don't get it right.

Any thoughts?

Jason

airstreambumper