[VAC] Re: Holding Tanks, floor replacement, etc.

Hi Jim,

The lap of the banana curve is why I'll caulk the top edge of the curve
(possibly the seam)  and also the upper side of the trim strip.  I'll leave
the bottom open to allow some water to drain if it happens to get in.  My
concern is only for the next 10 years or so during my use of the unit.  I'll
let a younger restorer give more thought as to how to correct the problem.
On the other hand, I might be replacing the bathroom floor sooner than I
think!

The previous owner had a new A/C installed and claimed that the water
entering had done the extensive damage to the interior.  When I looked at
the unit, water was still entering and had rusted the stove top.  I decided
to replace a few rivets on the inner skin in the same area that had water
marks.  Each rivet I touched with the drill bit snapped off - meaning that
the corrosion had destroyed most of the inner skin rivets.  I replaced about
100 rivets in one session.

While I was doing this, I turned the furnace to get things warmed up a bit.
There was a funny smell like burning rubber.  Finally I realized that the
heat from the furnace into the duct work was leaking enough to soften the
new tile I just installed.  With the original asbestos tile, this wouldn't
be a problem.  Now I have to give the situation a lot of thought.

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get .  .  .

                                                      '69 Safari, Joy