[VAC] Re: 59 Overlander plumbing re-fit Q's

        I actually used the copper/crimp ring system in my house, and so far I haven't had any problems with it. That said, I really have not ever had a problem with a flair-it fitting, other than cost. The biggest problem with the crimp fittings is getting the crimping tool into the space where the fitting is. If you can fabricate the whole (or most of) plumbing system in the shop, and then install it into the trailer (which I have, on occasion, done), it makes it easier.

        If I had the choice, I would sacrifice a little weight, and try to design a "home run" system for the trailer using pex, with compression type fittings.. IOW- have *all* the hot pipes, and all the cold pipes run back to one central place, and use manifolds for the connections- if you put the manifolds in the bathroom area, it would simplify things.

________

        Chris Bryant
        Bryant RV Services
        DeLand, Florida