[VAC] Fresh Water Tank and Flooring

Posting to both lists:

	I filled my fresh water tank half full this weekend.  I had never put it
away before with water on board as I picked up the trailer  90 Excella 29
in October.  I had water in the fresh water tank before but had always
emptied to prevent freeze damage.  At any rate when I parked the trailer
yesterday, I noticed a steady drip.  I thought at first it was the petcock
which I had opened earlier on the weekend as I put a chlorox mix in the
tank.  At any rate on closer inspection it appeared to be dripping from the
area of the inspection plate.  After looking at the manual this am it
appears that there is a separate drain plug under the inspection
plate.  Have not had a chance to pull the inspection plate as yet.  I have
a half a tank according the on board gauges.  Is there anything else to be
aware of other than trying to tighten the drain plug with an Allen
wrench.  If that fails I will have to then consider whether there are tank
problems... Is there any kind of  rubber washer with the drain plug..
trying to figure out whether I have a loose drain plug or other problems.
My first line of defense will be to climb under and see if an allen wrench
can stop the leak.

	As for the flooring discussion.  I had thought I was going to go with cork
and found a discontinued line that I thought would be ok. About half the
price of the regular.  My daughter lives in Spain and the whole second
floor of her house is in Cork and seems to work very well.  My ultimate
decision was to go with Wilsonart laminate flooring.  I had an opportunity
to get some people to do it who were experienced with the laminate systems
as well as cork.  Because work was short I did not want to deal with the
delay in ordering the cork.  In addition the sub flooring of the trailer is
OSB board and it was thought it might be necessary to put down a smooth sub
floor for the Cork.  In addition we were faced with temperature problems
because the info with the cork indicated that it should go down in a more
moderate temperature than we were having here in February.  At any rate I
opted for a light maple and it went down over a heavy duty Accustapad (sp)
which is a rubber type mate.  I don't know the weight but I believe they
used less than a hundred square feet of materials. The installers felt that
it would not weigh a whole lot more than good carpet and underlayment.  The
installation included taking out the three drawer dresser between the twin
beds and building out to everything else without removal.  There is
matching quarter round to finish off the job.  I am very pleased with the
result.

Al Owens
WBCCI  5271
90 Excella 29