[VAC] Re: Carry a Vespa in the trailer?

Sarah,
 People have reported frame problems from installing a spare tire (and
carrier) on the rear bumper of an A/S, so I'd think that any kind of
motor scooter would severely overload it.

You also have to be careful of overloading the tounge, especially if
your 'A' frame is rusted internally. (many are) Mounting the propane
bottles "over the axle" is out, as they'd have to be INSIDE the trailer,
and you sure don't want THAT!

You could probably carry the scooter inside, on the floor, without
problems, as it's no more weight than 2 people standing where the tires
sit. And, there's 'give' from the tires and suspension of the scooter.

Do remember Terry Tyler's experience with battery location when you
consider putting heavy objects just any ol' place.

If I wanted to carry a scooter, I'd use a P/U truck for a tow vehicle.
Matter of fact, I do use a P/U and I carry a golf cart at times to get
around some show grounds. <<grin>>

                                           <<Jim>>