[VAC] Window bonding

I am getting ready to replace two of my plexiglass windows with original Corning
curved glass panes.

Those of you with the 66,67 and 68 model years share the same type as my '68.

Has anyone removed the old glass and replaced with new?

What I would like to know before I start is;

What did Airstream use to bond the original glass?

It slides into the top aluminum extrusion about a half inch and is held in with
some type of adhesive.

Does anyone know what the easiest way to remove the glass would be?  How would
I loosen it up so it would easily removed?  Well...not easily, but removed.

Any experience in these tasks would be a great help.

Nick  CT
'68 Safari
WDCU #2577
VAC