[VAC] Finding Curved glass

Well...my mother always said you gotta be good at something!

Harley...lucky is more like it!

Yes,I am talking about the curved glass, and I guess I will have to figure out
how to remove it on my own, because it seems very few, if any, have done it!

I think some of that Goof Off stuff in the seam...or some heat...I'd hate to
crack one.  Yikes!

Actually, I found my first 17 1/2" piece right here on the VAC list, from our
friend Erik Murray. He has tons of stuff.  Unfortunately, it was the only window
he had! You know Erik, he's the one who is supplying our data base with all
the repair bulletins from Airstream.

I found another at an old dealership...they just happened to have one...in the
back room!  I found another at a RV scrap yard.

How?  It's no secret!  I have listened well to the likes of our own Terry Tyler!
 Talk to everyone, ask everywhere, look everywhere!  Be persistent and record
your resources...I have.

If you make a hundred calls...you might get lucky! Three hundred...even better!

That's all I've been...is lucky. Oh yea..and persistent!
Sad note to all this is this.  Although I have been gathering parts, I still
haven't done any work on my rig since Thanksgiving...and I still can't find
any hubcaps!

As a side note...I am always calling new places. If you have curved glass, I
would be interested in knowing what, if any is original on your rigs, and what
you need.  You never know...I could find a piece today!

Right now, I know of a rear window out there...straight glass, frame,clips and
everything else but the screen.

Nick
'68 Safari
WDCU  #2577