[VAC] Re: Modifying rear bath to rear bedroom

>Okay I've visited the Classic RV site and been dissuaded from moving
>the bathroom.

Good answer. It's never a good idea to try to change a vintage
trailer that much unless it's already gutted.

I have a 55 Flying Cloud that I purchased gutted and it's being
completely rebuilt and redesigned (from the floor up) while I have
another trailer that's 95% original and the other 5% needed for a
proper vintage restoration is coming from parts from the first
trailer.

I would never have felt good about changing the first trailer had it
not already been gutted. I think that it's a religious issue in the
vintage circles. :)

>So are there any models old enough to have 13-segment endcaps (or
>whatever the right word for them is; I think maybe endcaps is a
>supermarket term) and those cool oval wrap-around windows that also
>have a side toilet/shower?  And if so, are there any of them left?
>
>--Sarah

I seem to recall that the last year of oval (plexiglass) windows on
the rear of a trailer is 1951... my 1953 Flying Cloud has square
glass windows front and rear while my 1948 Wee Wind has the oval
plexiglass ones front and rear.

There was a 1951 Flying Cloud for sale recently that had 13 panels
front and rear with oval in the rear and square in the front.

Don't know if there was a 1952 model year and/or/if it had oval rear windows.

regards,

wayne