[VAC] Re: Genuine Ralph Lauren designed Airstreams

Ridgway, Colo, is over near JPPolly.  It is also near Telluride, where
lots of "Elite" folks, hang out, and dream of ways to spend their money.
Ken, you hit the mother-lode that day.  I went back to look closer at
those airstreams. The polish jobs, were very marginal.  One Bambi had
ugly steel LP tanks, and those flappy, floppy 6 foot oilcloth awnings,
looked absolutely cheap, and jury-rigged.  Nothing worse than tripping
over those ropes holding those poles, holding that awning.  The details
said , they have a portable space heater, and an on demand, water
heater.   Not much was said about the water system, or the suspension.
Someone that will put out $150K, for all that stitching, piping, and
fabric, has probably never ever gone camping, anyway.  I have heard the
proceeds are going to charity, so,..........maybe the cause is
wothwhile.  I agree with Tom Walden,  those babys are waaaay over the
top.  From the looks of all that fabric, and antiques,  it looks like,
they have about $10K in materials, and the rest is labor, and Ralph's
good name.

Bill Scott
Charter Member and Membership Chairman
Washington DC Unit,  WBCCI   #3221