[VAC] Re: Pressurized Water Systems

Bill,
 There's a couple or 3 advantages to the newer water systems with a
demand pump:

1. The tank can be lighter, larger, and more flexible in shape. IE: a
large, rectangular, flat tank can be designed to fit under a low couch
or any other available space. The pressurized system demands a heavy
steel tank that's round to handle the pressure.
2. I suspect that the air compressors used in the pressurized systems
are somewhat more problematic than the demand pumps, but have no data to
support that.

The main thing is #1 above; it's easy to design and build a 30-gallon
(or larger) tank when it can be any shape that's needed to fill whatever
space is available.

The only advantage that I see to a pressurized system is that the
compressor/pump doesn't have to run every time you need a cup or 2 of
water. That's not a big deal to me.

                                 <<Jim>>