[VAC] Re: Electrical System...

The electrical bits I ordered arrived today.  I just finished pulling
the old hookup, city/battery switch box, and transformer from the
trailer.  I have the lights and pump working off the batteries.
Tomorrow, I'll mount the charger and route wires over to where the
batteries will go.  I'll have to put some new plywood in the back before
mounting the batteries and inverter, however.  It's interesting to note
that when wiring an inverter, AC power should get the longer run of
wires, as it transmits better than DC.

I do have one question after all this rambling:  what are the color
standards for wires in '60s Airstreams?  I have several orange (maybe
they were red once?) wires and a blue wire that aren't connected to
anything, but the lights still work.  Some PO kindly labeled the wires
running to the pump switch (which I probably won't use, but we'll see).
These wires are a mystery to me.  The 110VAC wiring is not exposed in
the back, and I conclude that it's routed entirely in the walls from
where the j-box for the shore power connection is.  My guess is one of
them is for the fan over the stove, so I'll short the connection there
and do a continuity test (with no electricity hooked up, of course), but
I have no idea how I'm going to figure out what those orange wires are.