[VAC] Re: Accumulator Tanks

Harvey,
 An accumulator, with or without a working bladder, is no more a
breeding space for nasties than the freshwater tank itself. Actually,
it's probably less so, as the water isn't exposed to air like it is in
the tank. It's a non-issue.

As I said in my message to Gerald, I've had a bladder tank on my house
water system for 30 years and wouldn't think of trading it for a
conventional pressure tank that needs to have the air recharged now and
then.

Most of the folks on this list are probably "city people" with municiple
water supplies in their homes. That makes the A/S water system somewhat
a mystery, but those of us with private wells have been using a larger
version of the A/S system all of our lives. We use a well pump that's
similar to (just larger) the demand pump, a pressure tank, and
associated plumbing. A pressure acculator is an absolute necessity in
any of these systems; it's either built into the pump itself (making it
very, very small), or it uses a bubble of air in the water heater. Best
situation is an accumulator tank like we've been discussing.

                                   <<Jim>>