[VAC] Re: Does size really matter?

My 2 cents.  (Which is worth less today than yesterday.)

I believe it is a matter of perception or deception.  I have spent time
living and traveling (as a single person) in a '65 Globetrotter, 20'.  And
time in a '84 - 27'.

To me the 20' had a larger perception;  IT was decieption.  Here's why.  The
floor plan of the 20' had the buffet in the front and the couch bed on the
side, across from the kitchen.  The first "wall" or divider was at the end
of the kitchen / side bed.  THere wasn't a partial divider in front of the
kitchen; ie. there was just counter top.  SO, the first divider was
approximately 14 feet back from the front window.  When sitting on the couch
or at the buffet, the room seemed large.

In the 27' the floor plan is, couch in front, 1/2 kitchen on each side, then
divider wall, beds, etc.  The kitchen is short.  There isn't much "living
room" area, the area between the first divider and the front window; so it
seems, appears, to be much shorter, and in fact, is.  The fridge is full
size so on one side the 'open area' is about 6', and the other side 8'
(=/-).  It is much more difficult to sit guests.  Most people cary fold up
chairs.

The 27' is leaving me wanting, so I am on the lookout for a (1970's) 29'
with a specific floor plan.  THe one with the side gaucho bed.  IT does not
have the 2 side closets in front of the bath, (that the twins have) so the
front area is the same size as the 31".  (OR so it appears on the drawings
that I have from the '72 book.)  I am wanting a larger front room area, for
sitting / relaxing / reading / entertaining purposes.  I also want the
second side couch, or 'L'-shaped couches in front.

Towing; going from 20' to 27' (to me) isn't a big deal, just have to watch
rear swing, and tight corners.  Going from 27' to 20' is like "where'd it
go??".

East side; because Seattle won't recognise us.