[VAC] Inlet check valve

The city water Inlet Check Valve on my 76 Sov. constantly drips through the
overflow tube and onto the street.  My pressure regulator is set to 45 PSI
per the metal tag attached to it.  I also have an auxiliary pressure valve
at the hose attachment so I doubt it's over pressurized but maybe.  Is the
check valve possibly going bad or maybe some back pressure?  It also has a
white plastic knurled cap. Is that possibly for adjustment?  Thanks.
Randy