[VAC] Re: Water & electric

Dr. G.

Does all this discussion mean that you would recommend GFI protection for
the main AC circuits of the trailer?  I supposed that a short and imporper
ground could make me the short to ground when I'm standing on wet ground and
climbing on oboard.  I found the main box ground to the skin/frame severely
corroded when I opened the inside skin.  I cleaned the fittings and coated
everything with aluminum/copper antioxidant.  Don't know about the
galvanized screw and the bolt through the chasis that held all this stuff
together.  I replaced the bolt and used star lock washers to help make a
better electrical connection.   I doubt that many restorers know where the
ground connects to the trailer or if it even exists.  For this reason, I'm
certainly going to install some type of GFI protection and use my receptical
tester in RV parks to be sure that the electrical supply is properly
grounded.

Your thoughts?

                                                            Joy