[VAC] Re: Water & electric

There are few 120 volt cables in my '68 Caravel. Two receptacles, toilet
same side as the entrance panel and galley opposite the panel. Then
there's a wire to the old Univolt (which my dad converted to electronic
regulation) and the wire stubbed in for the air conditioner up at the
vent. The entrance panel is just inside the battery door street side
under and behind the lounge. There's an open passage back to the closet
and forward past the Univolt to the water tank compartment up front and
there's where I plan to run wire for the new GFCI outlet and run wire
back to feed the rest. I should be able to look from that side access
compartment and detect which way the grommets are turned going back to
the toilet receptacle. The galley receptacle may well be a true pain. It
may not go through any ribs, but just go up and over the top. It might
be that I could work a hole through the insulation with a steel fish
tape for a new wire over that route. I will have to explore a great deal
more before cutting any wires, someday when its a lot warmer and the
Airstream isn't surrounded by 4' of ice.

It might be better for the wire under the floor to run a plastic conduit
from battery compartment to refrigerator area and go up to the galley
receptacle from there.

Gerald J.