[VAC] aluminum & copper wiring

About the aluminum wiring... at what point did
they start putting in safer wiring? Do any of the
vintage owners on this list have trailers with
copper wiring or something other than aluminum
(sorry, I know NOTHING about wiring or what types
of materials it comes in).

I would probably opt to add copper wiring to run
heavy loads unless it is possible to find some
newer A/S's (say, early 70's?) with better
wiring. Since I haven't bought one yet, I'm at an
advantage of taking this into consideration
before doing so.

 -- Jill