[VAC] Bentley/GT rig

Jerry -
That was my 1959 S-1 Bentley, bought for around $2400.00 at auction in
England and shipped to Port of Elizabeth, NJ for about $400.00 in 1975, or
thereabouts... It towed beautifully. I had installed a 2" receiver and some
sort of load distribution system when i bought the '65 GT in July of '76.
Towed the rig from Dover Delaware (that picture's taken the day i got the
trailer, at the Port DelMarVa Land Yacht Harbor) to Santa Monica, CA in just
under 10 months, with extended stays in Santa Fe, NM and Tucson, AZ... I
full-timed in that rig for another three years after landing in California.
I miss it terribly - i'd moved into an apartment and rented it to a neighbor
in the trailer park for his sheepdog (it was a TV-dog)... he in turn loaned
it to a young couple who stole it.
It had no doorknob - just a brushed steel Schlage dead-bolt... I'd re-done
the interior with blue corduroy on the streetside gaucho and on the
converted front 'sofa'.... it was a rear-bath "Travel-Twin" with a three-way
reefer... man, what a great trailer.

Tuna
'48 Trailwind
'50 Jeepster