[VAC] Re: venting & gas heat

Jill,
 Everything has tradeoffs. In my opinion, the safest and most convenient
method of heating is the standard furnace with its blower, backed up by
an electric heater if you have shore power available. If you're going to
boon dock for more than a day or 2 and need heat, then you just about
MUST use a catalytic heater because they use no battery power and the
regular furnace uses a LOT of electricity. I can run about 2 or (maybe)
3 days w/o any power, in cold weather, with my 2, Group 24 batteries.

The catalytics are plenty safe enough; like anything else, it pays to
RTFM and follow the instructions.

                                                   <<Jim>>