[VAC] Jill's questions

Hi Jill,

     I am taking the liberty of replying to the VAC list instead of you
directly, as others may be interested in the answers.

1. your galley pic

> Hey Tom,
>
> What's that middle white appliance in the pics
> you just posted... looks like a clothes dryer?
>
>Jill

2. your floorplan

> Hey Tom,
>
> I'm obsessed with that picture of your shiny
> interior... I have a couple questions...
>
> 1. is that an original floorplan? Is the door to
> your right as you're taking the photo? Is the
> couch original? I like the way the couch and
> table are situated and that table is sooo cute.
>
> I'm really into floorplans. Since I plan to
> full-time, I think the floorplan is extra
> important. I assume I will be doing some
> rearanging to the "front room" or "living area"
> and possibly the bedroom if I get one with twins.
>

> 2. Are the rest of the walls painted aluminum? It
> looks super cool with just that dome polished and
> I'm curious if that's all you are going to make
> shiny. I think I want to do the exact same thing.
>
> And I can't remember... what year and model do
> you have?
>
> I always look forward to your postings, I think
> you have some of the greatest info and input, and
> PICTURES!
>
> This coming weekend is an Airstream shopping
> spree for me - I'm making a road-trip to
> California hitting all the A/S's for sale.
>
> Thanks,
> Jill

To start, the pictures I forwarded to the list are not of my trailers.
Rather, they belong to the Shady Dell RV Park in Bisbee, Arizona, which is
owned by Ed Smith and Rita Personett.  After the Tin Can Tourist rally at
Pioneer, Arizona, my wife, Marilyn, and I decided to return to Houston by
way of a detour through Bisbee, Arizona at the suggestion of list member
Sherry Hayes.  The purpose was specifically to see the various vintage
trailers which are for rent at the Shady Dell, as well as the wonderful old
diner.   These trailers include Spartans and Airstreams as well as other
brands, such as a 1950's Silver Streak which Ed Smith recently bought and is
planning to restore.  (See pictures at
http://www.tompatterson.com/Silverstreak/discus/messages/2/40.html).

You have seen some of the pictures that I snapped at Shady Dell.  I will be
placing selected others on my site shortly.  Shady Dell itself is really a
unique park with it's vintage rental trailers, and has been, I understand,
featured in national magazines.  They are not all that expensive to rent
either, with rates around $35.00 per night.  Sadly, the park is now up for
sale.

Ed Smith is a possible source of Vintage trailers.  He told me that he is
contacted regularly by folks wanting to sell Vintage trailers.  He gave me
the phone number of an individual on the West Coast in Auburn (WA.?) who has
a '47 Curtiss Wright, and a '49 Airstream for sale.  Ed said that the asking
price for these two trailers appears to be reasonable.  I thought of calling
for myself, but decided that I had to complete my current projects before
undertaking any further ones.  If you would like the name and phone number
of Ed, or of the west coast contact, e-mail me off-list.  You would need to
contact Ed anyway for details as to the pictures that I took.  I think that
he is on the internet, but I do not have an e-mail address.  Possibly Sherry
Hayes has it.

Finally, I have two trailers and a motorhome.......all Streamlines.
22 foot 1964 Duchess - Operational
28 foot 1972 Regency - In process of restoration
30 foot 1966 Travel Home - in process of restoration

-Tom