[VAC] Re: insulation - heaters - cold climates

Having spent one winter in Colorado in the trailer, you will freeze your buns
off unless you take some fairly drastic measures!  I consider my Airstream a
three season camping vehicle.  One of the problems I encountered was that the
snow would melt and run down and freeze the door shut while I was inside!  I
camped at the Grand Canyon in November and the water lines froze while we
were out hiking even with the heater running - so be ready to do some serious
winterizing.  Terry's idea of a thermometer in the nether regions of the
trailer to moniter the temp around pipes and tanks is a good place to start.
The easiest way is to dry camp in the winter, which is what I resorted to,
just carry water in portable carriers, use a portapotti, and rely on public
showers for bathing.
And then there is another thing to consider - I have towed my AS on snowy
roads and I don't like it!!! I also find that other drivers going to ski
resorts may not be experienced on snow and ice and tend to drive as if the
roads are dry, just because they are driving an SUV, so that presents another
danger, trying to avoid an accident with AS behind you on ice is a nightmare
to me.

Just Plain Polly
1964 Globe Trotter
Colorado