[VAC] Blackwater Tank Repair

Jason,

My broken original tank is white but of similar construction.  I saw one recently that was an ugly brown material, also of similar design.  I don't know how to determine what material the tank is constructed of but several who have looked at my tank have immediately informed me it was polyethylene.

If you don't have access to a plastics expert, you might try gluing one of the cracks in your tank with ABS adhesive from your local home improvement store.  If it is a poly tank it reportedly won't adhere well.  If it is ABS, maybe you will have stumbled into a solution.  Another possibility that was suggested to me but I have not tried is to attempt to repair the crack or break with JB Weld, a two part cement.  I have spoken with so many people on the subject I can't remember who suggested it.  I think it was someone at the A/S factory service department in Jackson Center.  I have heard of another form of JB Weld being used to repair cast iron engine blocks???  From what I have heard, it is an outstanding product for its specified uses.

Harvey