[VAC] Re: Polishing

One alternative is painting.  Last April at the Region 11 Regional Rally
in Albuquerque, NM. I viewed  a 90's model trailer that I was told the
owner had clear coated twice and it kept coming off so he had it painted
somehwere in CA by a paint shop that used their own  special formula
paint and color codes.  I visited the trailer couple of times but never
could speak with the owner  to learn where the paint shop was.  The paint
job was unbelievable and  you could hardly tell it was painted.  In fact
I noticed it because it had such a fine finish and when I inquired pf
the  trailers "neighbor" they said it was painted, etc.  Anyone have a
clue who this shop might be.   I have seen two other painted airstreams,
mid to late 70's models which had excellent paint jobs.  Never could
understand why airstream didn't/doesn't make this an option.  Well guess
maybe I do understand but anyway I think it would be a good option.

Roy Lashway
'78 Argosy,'56 Bubble
WBCCI 1610     VAC
rlashway@zianet.com