[VAC] Re: Tow vehicle for 1956 Overlander

Lavonne,

If you have ever tried to tow a rig through downtown traffic with a
stick shift you will see the REAL reason that automatics were designed.
All the rest is hype.  I know what it's like to leave a cloud of clutch
smoke that looked good for at least a week of smog.  Not a warm fuzzy
feeling.

Check out the www.rvsafety.com site for tow ratings (2000 models, I
wouldn't think the 2001s would differ).  V-10 has same rating 10k# with
either trans, so that's not an issue.  With the modern lock-up
transmissions I would be surprised if you could detect the difference in
fuel economy unless you are calculating beyond three decimal places.
You'd have to save an awful lot of gas to amortize a clutch job.

Just my opinion.  Free and worth every penny.  YMMV.

;^)>

Matt