[VAC] Re: Sway Control

         That's a very hard question to answer, because it hinges a *lot*
on the tow vehicle. First, let me say right upfront that I do believe that
the Hensley or the Pulltrite *are* the safest hitches out there.
         But... I towed out '75 31' for a little over 400,000 miles- and
believe me, I had plenty of emergency situations. I used a standard Reese
weight distributing hitch, first with a friction sway control, next with
the "Dual Cam" sway control, and finally with no sway control. This was
with 7 different tow vehicles.
         The major factor for me was that every tow vehicle weighed more
than the trailer- the latest one being an '87 Ford F-350 crew cab dually
(and that was the lightest of the tow vehicles).

         So.. the question is really to general to answer- but I do
recommend the Hensley to most people- even though I do not sell them.

________

         Chris Bryant
         Bryant RV Services
         DeLand, Florida