[VAC] Re: WBCCI MEMBERSHIP

Good point, Roy .....

I was thinking of an internet connection for membership purposes -- like
my attempt to rejoin WBCCI after a 12 year break without an Airstream. I
think I read in the Blue Beret that membership was down compared to last
year. In a past life (pre retirement) I was in a position to demonstrate
that if you want people to do something and you make it easy enough for
them to do it, you get better results than if it's hard to do and not user
friendly. Pretty self evident but a lot of organizations don't do the
obvious.

Some I suppose simply do not have the resources. Some may be utilizing
their limited resources for other purposes. Administrative travel can sure
run through the budget, for example. Each organization sets it's own
priorities on what's important. Maintaining it's continuity and/or
growing is usually high on the list. I've had a lot of experience in
recruiting new members and retaining current members including serving as
membership chairman of my prior local Unit.

Anyway, all is well in my case as it turns out. I got an acknowledgement
that WBCCI had received my application along with a copy of the December
issue of the Blue Beret and instructions to pay both International and
Unit dues to the Unit Treasurer who would be contacting me. So now I'm
waiting to hear from someone to give my money to.

Thanks for the reply and update on the WBCCI staffing situation.
Incidentally, I gather there is still no WBCCI Executive Director. I
didn't see a name listed in the Blue Beret. Who is responsible for
carrying out the directives of the governing board?

Regards,

Jim Greene
'68 Tradewind