[VAC] Re: Still new to a '64 GlobeTrotter

Just making sure, but did you check that the inside radius of the rims will fit
the center on the trailer hub. If they are meant for Airstreams then you're OK.

> I'm assuming that the standard brake setup on the F-250 tow package will
> work with the '64 A/S brakeline and that I don't need any extra special
> adaptors.

You may want to pick up a 7pin to 4 pin trailer convertor for towing if the 7
pin is bad on the trailer and you decide to use a light bar out back.

> I've seen pictures of the '64's electric brake hookup, and they
> certainly look the same and seem to be standard. Please let me know if
> there's anything unusual I should be prepared for.

You might want to fabricate some sort of towing light bar that could be hung out
back of the trailer if the electrical connection don't work for some reason. I
have a set up like this that I use for towing cars on a car dolly, among other
things.  It's nice to know that you always have something that you can just plug
in when you need it. I've actually been thinking about modifing mine to be
telescopic so that it doesn't take up to much space when stored.

The larger truck shouldn't have a problem towing the 19 footer, even if the
brakes are not up to snuf, or even working at all. You will want to take it easy
though.

> I'm packing a bunch of tools and plenty of warm gear. Any other
> advice/warnings would be greatly appreciated, either through the list or to
> me directly at jeckman@rica.net

Don't forget some mirrors that can see around the trailer, what are those older
trailers at, about 8' wide or so?
bobb