[VAC] Re: Still new to a '64 GlobeTrotter

John: Agreed. You sound pretty well prepared, but you might want to make
arrangements in advance with a ME RV place, just in case anything needs
modification. The hitch on the ford may need to be dropped to keep the
trailer level (you can buy vertically adjustable drawbars for this
purpose--you might have the current owner measure the height of the coupler
from the ground when the trailer is level just to see how close you're
likely to come). You might repack the bearings, or have someone do it, if
they've not been done recently. Old trailer lights, almost by definition,
don't work, so bring plenty of emery boards and sandpaper and be prepared to
go over all the connections, and a 12v continuity tester, and lots of butt
splice and spade connectors, and some spare wire just in case. If you
haven't used an equilizer before, you might have the RV place check out your
hitching job. ANd in any case, check clearances on everything by having
someone watch as you ever so slowly make a full right and left turn, to make
sure nothing's binding on the hitch, chains, wires, anti-sway bars, etc.

Keep an eye on the weather. I lived in Maine half my life, and my folks (in
Wiscasset) tell me its been pretty icy there lately. Towing a big trailer in
an ice storm could be exciting, with or without trailer brakes. But pick
your day and you'll be fine. Do tell us about your adventure when you get
back!

Dan Weeks
75 Argosy 26